Point. Set. Love Your Financials!
It’s the club final and you are the favourite to win. There is a big crowd watching and as the game progresses, everything seems to be going to plan. You’re playing well and you’re winning points. Victory can’t be far away. There is only one problem: there is no scoreboard, and the umpire is keeping the score to herself. So no one except the umpire knows what’s really going on.
Nevertheless, you plough on and, despite being in the dark about the score, you feel positive that eventually the umpire will declare you the winner. You are so confident that you can’t help but relax just a little. You start enjoying the party like atmosphere.
Then a shock! Out of the blue, the umpire declares that it is match-point … to your opponent! You can’t believe it. You go back to the baseline, determined, and set yourself up for this big point. But to no avail. It’s too late to get your mind back into gear and you hit the return wide. The game is over, the final is lost. If only you’d been able to track the score during the game. At least you would have been able to fight back a little bit earlier.
Every day, hundreds of businesses, big and small, operate as though they are playing a game of scoreboard-less tennis. Every month the owner runs on feelings for most of the month – no more than a guess about how well the business is travelling. A day or two after the month ended, you will look to the ‘umpire’ – your accountant – who will give you the ‘score’ – your figures. And most times, his perceptions will have proven inaccurate and it is far too late to do anything about it. When things changed in the business – when your ‘opponent’ started to get on top – you simply would not have seen it coming.
Your financials are to your business what the main scoreboard is at a sporting contest. Can you honestly say that you know where you are and where you are going?
Do you often look at your reports and wonder what they mean?
Do you waste money and time chasing new customers instead of fixing your business and making it profitable?
If you are ready to get serious about your business… it’s time for a little Financial Foreplay®.
It’s time you learned:
· Why cash, more than profit, is the key to success in business;
· How to find and unlock the hidden profit and cash that is trapped in your business;
· How to use the numbers in your financial statements to give you information that is useful for you – not just useful for your accountant. For instance, I’ll show you how to calculate a few simple but important ratios, to understand the results and to monitor them on an ongoing basis;
· How to stop making common business mistakes that are preventing you from being as successful as you deserve to be;
· Why too much inventory can strangle your business;
· How to manage debts owed to you and minimize the risk of default;
· How to charge the right price for your goods and services;
· How to decide whether an investment will be a good use of your company’s money or not;
· How to work out when, during each month, you ‘hit the front’ and start being profitable;
· How to set powerful and meaningful targets that will focus the attention of both yourself and your staff on making good decisions and taking positive actions ALL the time;
· A way to measure and track your financial success in a simple and meaningful way; and
· How to eliminate the unproductive habits that have been holding you back.
You will learn all this through the stories of my clients. Powerful stories about real business owners, just like you, with common financial problems. I’ll show you how these business owners found themselves in trouble, how they worked out what was wrong (with a little help from the financial numbers) and how they took action to turn things around.