How To Distribute Content Online To Attract 200+ Visitors per day
I often get asked to speak on content marketing – specifically what do I do (besides the obvious stuff like SEO) to get good qualified organic traffic onto my website. Here are some of my top tips which cost very little (or nothing) and are highly effective and easy to implement.
- Regular eNewsletters – place excerpt [only] in newsletter and direct reader to your website or to the URL of the article posted elsewhere on the internet (i.e. Ezinearticles.com)
- Partner with complementary businesses to provide content for their sites and Enewsletter in exchange for links back to your site and banner advertising
- Turn all eNewsletter content into an article, blog post and a press release
- Press releases will get you media attention AND the search engine traffic via Google.com, Yahoo, MSN etc is amazing
- Ask your business colleagues and customers to rate and comment on your articles to improve ranking
- Visit blogs related to what you do and post intelligent replies – get to know the blogger and do not push your product/service on them overtly
- If you have a book or eBook, register the content with Googlebooks.com
- Build a Facebook group or fanpage and distribute all articles online with a link back to your website and a call to action
- Twitter little snippets related to your expertise and use links to PRs and video and remember to link your twitter account to your Facebook profile – spend the time to ensure that your followers can easily find their way to your website and give them a good reason to actually go there
- Turn all your content into audio or video files that you can either sell or distribute a teaser for free online
- Investigate free sites like businessmelbourne.com , adoos.com.au and hotfrog.com.au to create backlinks to your site for events and products
- Offer free excerpts of your content via websites of like-minded businesses – drive them to your site with a good offer
- Use linkedin.com to establish your credibility and post online content (can upload ppt presentations, promote your book etc.)
- Register your blog with Networked blogs and link this to the home page of your Facebook profile
- Actively spend 30 minutes a day building your online following on Twitter and Facebook – take the time to reply to messages and send helpful/useful message out to your database that directs people back to your website for more information and purchases
- Create short 2 minute videos answering the key questions that your target market is interested in and post them to youtube.com and other video sites
By Larry 18 Aug 2009
Thanks Rhondaylnn ,for such great content and information.
Have a wonderful day,
By rhondalynn 19 Aug 2009
My pleasure – happy to provide any guidance and tips that I can. It’s an area where there is a lot of confusion and misconceptions. It’s a pleasure to be able to share information and tips freely among like-minded individuals.
By RUDD 18 Mar 2010
I really enjoyed this posting! If you are interested in any web design feel free to contact me at http://www.helixfire.com
By cna test 10 Sep 2010
Great post! Thanks for the useful information. Just like to say, you have a fantastic site here. Great work.
By second mortgage loan rates 16 Sep 2010
Great article! I’ve been looking thru google for hours searching for appropriate info on this, they absolutely should rank your site on page 1!