The 7 Most Powerful Ways To Drive Sales To Your Website
Want to learn the secrets to driving qualified traffic to your website right now? These proven tips will save you time & will cost you less than $100 per month. Why spend your money on advertising (which is largely untargeted and difficult to measure in terms of ROI) when you can speak directly to customers who are interested in what you do!
• BUILD A LIST – it’s the MOST valuable asset in your business, it is 75% easier to sell to someone who actually knows/trusts you. Communicate often and offer valuable, free information – you can also include an offer but the offer should not always be the focal point of your communication.
• ARTICLE/CONTENT MARKETING – turn your Enewsletter and blog content into articles and utilize top directories like EzineArticles, GoArticles, Buzzle, the American Chronicle, ArticlesBase, and SearchWarp. Syndicate articles, write guest posts in blogs, write for other companies that have ezines relevant to what you do, post to Facebook, advertise links in Twitter.
• BLOGGING is one of the best things you can do for your business – great way to get to know your readers. Plus, blogging can play a major role in getting valuable search engine traffic from Google, Yahoo, and MSN. Submit your articles to Blog Carnivals – a collection of blog posts on a particular subject that are posted together on on blog – called a host. The host (who is also a blogger), publishes the carnival on their blog, with links to each blog post that has been submitted. This is one of the easiest ways to create one-way backlinks coming into your site, which is a major factors when it comes to ranking high on search engines.
• FORUM MARKETING – Forums are another way to drive targeted visitors to your website. The key to getting quality traffic from forums is to find a forum that is highly targeted to your website, become involved in the community, and create a benefit-laden signature that links back to your website. It’s critical that you use your signature to offer something of extreme value along with a good call-to-action. Otherwise, why would anybody click?
• GIVE SOMETHING AWAY for free to entice sales and get users to make the all-important first purchase with you. For example, when I offered a free list of Top 7 Ways to Spot and Stop Self Sabotage and an audio CD worth $30 with each book sale, my conversion rate more than tripled.
• INTERVIEWS are another great way to generate targeted traffic and sales. The person who interviews you essentially endorses your product/service to their own database. The sales potential is massive because the interviewer has huge credibility with his/her followers and can sell your product/service better and easier than you can sell yourself.
• VIDEO MARKETING – Video sites have quickly become some of the most highly trafficked sites on the Internet – did you know 52% of web traffic is now going to these sites and over 70% of online users are watching video? One study suggested that the average Youtube.com visitor spends 27 minutes a day watching online videos. Video on your own website allows users to connect with you personally which makes it easier to convert them to purchasers.
By Jeff Higgins 13 Jul 2009
Thanks! Excellent content and suggestions.
If a person only has time to do 1-2 of the above to promote their site, which do you think would give the most leverage? Why?
By rhondalynn 19 Jul 2009
Jeff, just take it one step at a time. First investigate Facebook – I find it easier to develop long term relationships on Facebook because you can post links, photos, articles, videos and connect with old friends. Once you have mastered Facebook, try writing at least one article each week and posting in online. I would also re-write it slightly to make it a press release and post that online as well. Each of these will create good [valuable] backlinks to your website.
Keep me posted on your progress….
By ALISTAIR MACLEOD 15 Jul 2009
Well I have just written a book and are trying to get my head around the gravatar, twitter, face book , blogs and how the hell does one write up an article and how it all works, it was only 6 years ago i learned to switch the computer on now this world that i am in i find very confusing??
By rhondalynn 19 Jul 2009
Alistair – the journey of a thousand miles begins with one simple step forward each day. I congratulate you on finishing your book. That’s fantastic. According to a recent survey on the internet, writing a book ranks in the Top 3 goals for most people yet very few actually ever start or finish a book. So, you have accomplished an amazing feat!
You have already done the hardest part – just make a few hours each week to investigate social media and try new things. You don’t have to tackle everything at once. 🙂 Try Facebook first and when you get comfortable with that, begin to investigate and utilize Twitter. They are actually quite fun and easy. If you can write a book….believe me, you can learn how to blog and use Twitter! All the best!
By rhondalynn 09 Aug 2009
Alistair – I just posted another article on Twitter that I thought you might like. Keep me posted on your Twitterific efforts. All the best to you in your inevitable success!
By Markus Holmes 15 Mar 2010
Love the blog! Great articles make for an awesome read! keep it up!
Want to Dominate on Twitter and ClickBank: http://www.bidpony.com
By Ligtv izle 13 Jan 2011
Are you able to please give more info over this.
By rhondalynn 13 Jan 2011
Sure – do you have a specific question about 1 of the strategies that you want more information about? Or are you just looking for more articles/content on website marketing in general? Thanks in advance for your clarification…